Myself, Sudipta Chakraborty, being based at Kolkata, the art and cultural capital of India, my connection with art and culture remain since childhood. I grew with a great interest on painting and music, and finally landed in the world of Photography.
I always wanted to be a versatile, where my creativity will be genre free. As a freelance photographer, I have done different kind of professional and personal projects in different genre like Documentary, Portrait, Wedding, Travel, Architecture, Product, Conceptual, Fine Arts, etc. Professionally I worked in many layers, from MNC to domestic NGO, from Ad-agency to local business center along with State Government.
Few awards and publishing is there in the credential of my journey.
Extensive experience in both Film and Digital cameras and proficient both in the darkroom and lightroom along with multiple software in terms of both photo and video help me a lot to communicate with my students.
Oh! Yes!! I am a photography teacher too.
VISION - Sparking conversations and inspiring the imagination, with a vision that cannot be taught, and must be personally experienced.
EXPERIENCE - Harnessing creativity and perfecting the craft with practical experience.
PHILOSPHY - Ever-advancing my skills and perspective, I'm only as good as my last shoot.
UNIQUENESS - Seeing what other photographers won't, capturing what others can't.
KEY SKILLS - Extensive experience with a range of cameras in 35mm format both Film and Digital cameras and in the darkroom Proficient in Adobe Photoshop. Proficient with Microsoft Office products: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
KEY AREAS IN PHOTOGRAPHY - Candid, Photo Journalism, Urban, Landscape, Travel, Product, Fashion, Portrait, Fine Arts
PROJECTS - Major Commercial Photography (Corporate, Government & Other events)
- Documentary photography for NGO ‘Roddur’ on financial backward children of Kakdwip, Sundarban
- Documentary photography for NGO ‘Roddur’ & ‘Durbar’ on Labor rights for Sex Worker
- Corporate Photography for Webskitters Technology Solutions Pvt. Ltd
- Corporate Photography for Eldyne Electro Systems Private Limited
- Photography on the project “Laxmi Bhandar” under Government of West Bengal
- Photography on the project “Kanyashree” under Government of West Bengal
- Corporate Photography for Kolkata Metro Rail
- Photography for Irrigation department under Government of West Bengal
- Photography on Aqua Tourism under Government of West Bengal
- Photography for Agricultural department under Government of West Bengal
- Photography on the project “Jalatirtha” under Government of West Bengal
- Corporate Photography for DTDC Express Ltd
- All India Drama competition – organized by Western Mumbai Natyo Gosthi
- Sports Event & Yearly function of Calcutta International School
- Yearly re-union fest - St. Xavier's college
- covered Bengali Band performance by "Prithivi"
- Photo selected by Coco Conroy, the Director at Jackson Fine Art Gallery in Atlanta for the Gwinnett County Public Library 2022 Photo Annual.
- My entry has moved on to final round of judging in The Nature Conservancy Photo Contest 2022.
- Photos selected to exhibit my work at the 5th Chania International Photo Festival - 2022 - http://www.cipfestival.com/participating-artists-2022/#jp-carousel-7822
- Awarded Photographer on the World’s most Exclusive curate photo gallery 1x.com 0 https://1x.com/sudiptochakr
- Two photographs was selected by UNESCO under the theme “Photographs illustrating the topic of safety of women journalists” in 2021
- Selected images for Der GerIf guest room -https://dergreif-online.de/guest-room/exhibits/mack-filippo-maria-ciriani-sudipta-chakraborty-virginia-wilcox/
- Image selected by Diversify Photo for print sale during Pandemic in 2020
- Consecutive two times photograph exhibited in Geneva, 2011 & 2012 – World Photography Exhibition
- Group Exhibition held in Kolkata at GaganendraPradharshaShala in 2010 & 2011.
- Won Best Photograph in 2010 organised by Malaysian Photography club
- Won Best Photographer in 2009 organised by Better Photography Magazine, EPSON, Canvera & Nikon, went to Singapore – Landscape & Cityscape category
- Won 1st prize in National Photography completion organized by Times of India in 2008– Color of Festival
- Acceptance in 365 National & International Photography Salon along with 28 Gold Medal, 38 Silver medal, 36 Bronze medal and 18 certificates of merit.